– Clean-up process has begun a day after in the Urals region of Russia where the meteor blast took place in Russian city of Chelyabinsk.
– No traces of any meteor scattered bodies were found in the lake after Divers scanned it, said the report in Russian state media (RIA Novosti).
– The brightness of the light emitting from the meteor was compared to 10 times the brightness of sun.
– 200,000 square kilometers long glass from 4000 apartments was damaged due to the sonic boom of meteor blazing, said the report of Chelyabinsk regional emergencies ministry.
– The energy released during the meteor burst can be understood in comparison to the nuclear bomb dropped by USA on Japan in Hiroshima. Where USA’s bomb released 15 kilotons of energy, the energy released by the Russian meteor blazing was 500 kilotons (revised from the earlier estimate of 300 kilotons by NASA)
For Videos click here