– In a radio prank played by Australian DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian (of Sydney based radio 2DayFM) where they impersonated Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles to get details of Kate Middleton’s hospitalization from the nurse (Jacintha Saldanha) at King Edward VII Hospital resulted into suicide committed by the nurse.
– Rhys Holleran, CEO of Southern Cross Austereo media group has said that both Australian DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian have apologized and “mutually decided” to stop going on-air for an indefinite period after they came to know of the nurse incident.
– The London Metropolitan Police is treating the death by marking it as “Unexplained” as of now.
– Discussions have begun from Britain and Australia over the fact that how far the prank played by ‘Blood on your hands’ (phrase given to DJ duo by some people to condemn their action) DJs was fine to get details of Kate Middleton’s pregnancy.
– Holleran said that he was, “very confident that we haven’t done anything illegal.” and
“This is a tragic event that could not have been reasonably foreseen and we are deeply saddened by it,”
– The news of Jacintha Saldanha’s suicide came out on Friday morning with the hospital saying that she “was recently the victim of a hoax call.”