- Macy’s 86th Thanksgiving Day Parade this year helped give some hope to the Hurricane Sandy affected people of New York.
- The streets come to life with 3.5Mn spectators coming together to witness the parade with as much as 50 million viewers seeing the parade on TV.
- This year the parade took a different route and skipped the Times Square from its list. Instead, the parade diverted on the 6th Avenue and ended its journey on the Macy’s Store located on 34th Street.
- The sight of giant helium balloons with Central Park in its backdrop resembled a dreamy sequence loved by spectators mostly.
- Executive Producer of the parade, Amy Kule said in a statement, “As it has during turbulent times in our history, we hope the Macy’s Parade serves as a beacon of hope for all who tune in and gather with friends and family to give thanks this season, as they continue to heal from the devastating aftermath of Superstorm Sandy,”
Source: Holiday Blog